This course is intended to provide students with an overview of the wide range of programming terminals currently in use and to outline some of the key differences between them. In addition, the course covers topics such as hand-held programming terminals and computer-based software packages. The operation of host computer-based systems is also covered as well as the application of peripheral devices in a PLC network.
- Define the term programming terminal.
- Describe the application of dedicated programming terminals.
- List the two types of programming terminals.
- Describe the purpose of mini-programmers.
- Define computer-based programming terminals.
- Differentiate between programming software and documentation software.
- Describe the function of a host computer-based PLC system.
- Explain the purpose of peripheral devices.